Any news or views on International Cricket
By Iron Mike
1st ODI today. Bangladesh traditionally better in one dayers but England should have a little too much batting firepower.
Tamim always worth watching ...be great to see him in the county game. Like Northampton, Bangladesh fans have a soft spot for Cardiff where they turned over the giants.
England and Australia rarely play Bangladesh so this tour will be interesting to see how England get on out there in the heat.
By Thameseyray
Listening and Bangladesh making a fight of it! Agree one dayers will be harder but we better perform in the Test series!
Just one thing is the BBC covering the Test series or Talk Sport covering this tour!
By Iron Mike
It's on Talksport 2 digital radio.
If the second ODI is half as dramatic it will be a good one.
By chris
Duckett getting the better of Hameed, but has the advantage that the warm up games have effectively been one day games.
Will be interesting to see if the decision has effectively already been made.  Duckett, of course may be playing himself into a middle order berth, rather than partner Cook.
By Thameseyray
257/7 A good score and it shows that we now have some depth in our batting! The top order may not have been use to an earlier spin attack! At least we have three more innings before the hard test of India!
By Iron Mike
England 293 all out. A par score on that pitch.
Be great to see Batty get a few wickets and see how Bangladesh do against the attack England have chosen for the conditions..especially opener Tamim Iqbal who would surely do well in the county game.  He'll get a pair now!
By overtheborder
Game on at the moment - just still keep feeling that one decent partnership could set England up for as long as they aren't slack with the ball.
By overtheborder
Good position to be in at the end of day 3, recovered well to get back to where we are. Hopefully get to a lead of 300 tomorrow and then Bangladesh face a challenging score.
By Iron Mike
Could not be closer...33 runs or 2 wickets to go.
Be superb for the game if Bangladesh get their first test win against England....Gripping fourth day and match throughout.

Whatever happens in the morning this proves Bangladesh have come a long way and stern test for England before they take on India.
By overtheborder
First of all good effort by both sides there, even test match throughout. What review for the 9th wicket there, my initial reaction was that it was nowhere near, but shows why the system is useful. Brilliant entertainment!
By Iron Mike
Agreed. Shame they didn't win if only because it would have been great for Test cricket.  England were unmistakably in a battle. If the second test is half as good it will be worth the early mornings!

I'd like to think that the bigger Test nations will play Bangladesh  more often in time, both home and away and over 3 tests. They are a better one day side but have improved greatly in the past few years on the Test stage...the whole cricket world will have sat up and noticed.  They are certainly not afraid of anyone and play positively. It would have not been a shame for England if the result went the other way.
By overtheborder
Showing their credentials again Bangladesh here... to be fair the pitch looks a lot better for batting than in the first test, just hoping England can use this as well!

[quote="Iron Mike"]
I'd like to think that the bigger Test nations will play Bangladesh  more often in time, both home and away and over 3 tests. They are a better one day side but have improved greatly in the past few years on the Test stage...the whole cricket world will have sat up and noticed.  They are certainly not afraid of anyone and play positively. It would have not been a shame for England if the result went the other way.
[/quote]

I agree with this, they almost seem like a warm up team at the moment and they are a better team than that. I think in order for them to improve they do need to be playing bigger teams regularly (as you said both home and away) - no reason why they cant play away tours more often, although I suspect the security situation makes arranging home series prettt difficult at the moment.
By Iron Mike
Bangladesh 220 all out after a great start. Tamim Iqbal likes batting against England.  50/3...day 2 could well set up a repeat the ding dong in Chittagong!
England Lions

Has England's treatment of Ben Duckett knocked his[…]

2017 Fixtures

Does anybody know when they are being released, en[…]

Onwards to the lovely market town of Chester-le-St[…]

Averages

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/county-championship-[…]