Any news or views on International Cricket
By overtheborder
Congratulations to Bangladesh, it was always going to be a difficult run chase for England but it was doable. I think Duckett getting out put us ubder pressure but he does have potential.
By Iron Mike
Agreed. Duckett deserves a go in India.

Brilliant stuff from Bangladesh...fully deserved to win the series to be fair let alone share it 1-1.

By getting over the line v a top tier side will see series like these be a test longer in the future. Sri Lanka were the same after acquiring Test status.

Great day for test cricket...Bangladesh competed throughout the series and will surely kick on. Nice to see Cook be so gracious in defeat. Attritional cricket from both sides in the series but the better side overall were Bangladesh who got what they deserved. Brilliant stuff...very well played.
By chris
[quote="overtheborder"]
Congratulations to Bangladesh, it was always going to be a difficult run chase for England but it was doable. I think Duckett getting out put us ubder pressure but he does have potential.
[/quote]

The pressure came from allowing a third innings score of 296 from less than 70 overs (4.4 runs an over) not Duckett getting out to the first ball after tea.  Only Ali going at less than 4 an over, is problematic.
By Bucksman
[quote="chris"]
The pressure came from allowing a third innings score of 296 from less than 70 overs (4.4 runs an over) not Duckett getting out to the first ball after tea.  Only Ali going at less than 4 an over, is problematic.
[/quote]
It was really only a reasonably respectable performance by the spinners in such conditions, but Rashid reminds me of Ian Salisbury, generally more comfortable with bat, rather than ball, in hand!
By chris
[quote="Bucksman"]
[quote="chris"]
[/quote]
It was really only a reasonably respectable performance by the spinners in such conditions, but Rashid reminds me of Ian Salisbury, generally more comfortable with bat, rather than ball, in hand!
[/quote]

Not sure going at over 4 an over it was even respectable.
By Bucksman
[quote="chris"]
Not sure going at over 4 an over it was even respectable.
[/quote]

Certainly not, according to Mr Vaughan and probably a degree over-charitable on my part!  Our spinners needed to raise their game above the norm and it didn't happen.

Franchise cricket live on BBC...good news. http:/[…]

Idiotic/embarrassing "fans" at T20

Its getting worse. We seem populated with support[…]

T20 final group matches

Three to go after a good win yesterday. Leics on F[…]

Final group match sees Middlesex come to the Garde[…]