Any news or views on International Cricket
By Iron Mike
After being Bangladeshed what are the predictions for series result and side?
England's chances again rest on playing spinners and moreover facing them.  Wont be 5-0 but England should win a Test but India for me will win..perhaps 2 or 3-1 and there will be a draw or 2. One of them rearguard fighting display from England. Batty like Udal before him should do well in his Test swansong. As for runs...Cook leading from the front. Stokes will do well too. Huge series for him and the first time test tourists.
By Bucksman
Just hope that India, having just witnessed the Bangladesh adventure, resist the temptation to produce these flagrant first morning Bunsen pitches, if only to give their own seamers some sort of incentive.

Cook, having first made his mark in India, is now 10 years older with increased family commitments in mind, but a good run of form from him, in particular, might just help galvanise and encourage that flimsy top order in a country where they won the last series.  No Swann nor Panesar this time, but the current spin attack needs to be up for the challenges ahead.
By Iron Mike
England 536 v India 488 day 4 at tea on a good pitch...draw likely. Test sides rarely do declarations but perhaps set 250 in final session would be interesting.
By Alex
Really pleased for Haseeb, thought he looked totally at home batting and didn't look out of place at all!
By Iron Mike
England will do well to bat again under 100 behind in the 3rd test.
Wickets down at making parity not quite as important as crease occupation as India are proving in the 3rd morning now. India slowly edging ahead as favorites to go 2-0 up with 2 to play. If England win this one from coming back from behind the 8 then suddenly all the pressure will be on India as England could sneak the series.
By Bucksman
[quote="Iron Mike"] If England win this one from coming back from behind the 8 then suddenly all the pressure will be on India as England could sneak the series.
[/quote]

If only, Mike!  Sadly, win or lose the toss, the reality of England's deficiencies in such conditions is exposed again.  The captain's repeated failures with the bat, in particular, are a major contributory factor in this continually misfiring top order.
By chris
[quote="Bucksman"]
[quote="Iron Mike"] If England win this one from coming back from behind the 8 then suddenly all the pressure will be on India as England could sneak the series.
[/quote]

If only, Mike!  Sadly, win or lose the toss, the reality of England's deficiencies in such conditions is exposed again.  The captain's repeated failures with the bat, in particular, are a major contributory factor in this continually misfiring top order.
[/quote]

If Has has a broken finger I hope they fly over Gubbins rather than Hales (or Jennings).
By Bucksman
[quote="chris"]If Has has a broken finger I hope they fly over Gubbins rather than Hales (or Jennings).
[/quote]

Would it be compounding existing problems with another left hander?
By Iron Mike
Oh dear..optimism of posting just before lunch then not being able to keep up in the daytime!

The slight chance England had is long dissapated in the second innings. 2-0 to India it is tomorrow at some point it us then.
By chris
[quote="Bucksman"]
[quote="chris"]If Has has a broken finger I hope they fly over Gubbins rather than Hales (or Jennings).
[/quote]

Would it be compounding existing problems with another left hander?
[/quote]

admit I've seen more of Gubbbins than Hales and nothing of Jennings, but he is a class act.
By Iron Mike
Day 4 of 4th test tomorrow...despite getting 400 it's still India with the advantage of a lead.  If it goes 0-3 I wonder what the order will be for the 5th test with no pressure on for England?
By Bucksman
Alastair Cook referred in his post-series comments to the days of Jason Brown, Monty Panesar and Graeme Swann learning their craft on dry wickets at Northampton... the problem is, the pitches tended to get reported, with the familiar threat of points deduction for producing pitches overly responsive to spin!

I wonder what the answer is to the question of producing England spinners up to the challenge of competing on equal terms on the Indian subcontinent...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/916218.stm
Overseas activities

I've noticed that some Glamorgan players have been[…]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

Northants 2018

Well, I thought I'd start this one early!! What's […]