Any news or views on International Cricket
By Alex
Suppose if it was "1000%" certain they would have let the fix go ahead like they did with Pakistan fix
By PaulTavs
gmdf wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:55 am
Little or no evidence that this isn't just two conmen trying to scam the Sun...
As Joe Root said "It's very sad that this has been written about."

That's a very sensible statement.

I find it very sad as well. The Sun is prepared to write an extensive article on this rubbish, yet it barely gives any coverage to the game in England.
gmdf liked this
By Alex
PaulTavs wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:15 am
gmdf wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:55 am
Little or no evidence that this isn't just two conmen trying to scam the Sun...
As Joe Root said "It's very sad that this has been written about."

That's a very sensible statement.

I find it very sad as well. The Sun is prepared to write an extensive article on this rubbish, yet it barely gives any coverage to the game in England.
Suppose that's going to make them more advertising money than just normal coverage of the game...
By PaulTavs
Alex wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:25 pm

Suppose that's going to make them more advertising money than just normal coverage of the game...
Sadly yes, but they cover the most utterly mundane football stories in great detail - e.g. today a story that just 3 Sunderland fans went to Grimsby to watch their under-21s in a minor cup game where the total attendance was 248, and another that a Wigan player became a father.

Yet they don't even bother reporting on county matches, even Blast games with 20,000 plus in.

But I'd better not start on this, otherwise a full-on rant will result!
By PaulTavs
Alex wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:14 pm
Sounds like a new topic, "Rants about the Tabloids" :thinking:
Indeed it does.

On one hand we live in a golden age for domestic cricket coverage. Commentary on every ball of the season in the competitions, and even on some other matches, camera coverage of some games, online information at our fingertips, Sky covers domestic cricket in a way the national channels never did, and the weekly Cricket Paper - a luxury that didn't even exist in the pre-digital age.

So on that count, why worry about the national press? But the unfortunate effect is that the mainstream sports media's total obsession with football and little interest in cricket beyond Team England, has a result that domestic cricket becomes more marginalised as a sport beyond those who already have an interest. It's become a bit like ice hockey in the UK - watched by thousands, but the national media has zero interest in covering it, so it goes on unnoticed by the wider public.
2nd XI

Personally I think it is very disappointing that t[…]

Another 'ton' for Compo

D.C.S.Compton, Dennis to his adoring fans', Compo […]

Royal London One Day Cup

Was hoping for a change of fortunes as a new compe[…]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]