Any news or views on International Cricket
By Welwyn
Anyone else going to be paying attention to this?

Scotland got an excellent win over Afghanistan thanks to Callum MacLeod's 157 not out chasing off 146 balls.
By LankyShark
I have wanted to watch Australia v. West Indies since the late 1970s, almost as long as I can remember.

For various reasons I have never actually managed it, and so whilst it might be a bit one sided now I would still just like to do it.

So I am supporting West Indies today and hope that the subsequent Aus v. WI is at a time I can get to it. At least I know it won’t be the day after I get married as it was in 1999!
By LankyShark
According to the ICC website fixtures will be published by the “end of March.”

I keep getting e-mails telling me I can buy tickets by 1st May but I still can’t see fixture list.

I keep asking in various different ways and being ignored.

I am beginning to wonder whether there is some reason for not releasing them. Perhaps they think that they will be able to sell more tickets to unpopular games or something this way.

Any thoughts?
By LankyShark
It appears that the list is going to be announced on 30th April with tickets going on sale the next day.

Bad organisation?
Deliberate ploy?
Insanity?
By Iron Mike
LankyShark wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:08 pm
It appears that the list is going to be announced on 30th April with tickets going on sale the next day.

Bad organisation?
Deliberate ploy?
Insanity?
All of the above?
By LankyShark
Could be. I only want to go to one match. And I am not going to be moved on that and if I can’t get tickets for that one I will be staying at home.

I wonder though whether they think that it’s a way of getting people to sign up to go to matches that they wouldn’t otherwise have gone to?
By LankyShark
I now understand the fixture list is being released today.

Hopefully the one match I want to watch is at Old Trafford at the weekend. Knowing my luck it will be midweek at Southampton. (Nothing wrong with Southampton, just a long distance away).
By chris
LankyShark wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:40 am
I now understand the fixture list is being released today.

Hopefully the one match I want to watch is at Old Trafford at the weekend. Knowing my luck it will be midweek at Southampton. (Nothing wrong with Southampton, just a long distance away).
Hope you lucked out, because Southampton is not only a long way away but has everything wrong with it not least a reputation for being impossible to get away from at close of play, due to there only being a single access road.

Mind you the only time I went, I left well early as it is also a long walk back to Hedge End its nearest train station.
By LankyShark
I went to Portsmouth (on a Sunday) and Bournemouth the following Tuesday when Sunday League games came in the middle of a Championship game. Also went to Broadhalfpenny Down on the Monday evening for a look round. And no Billy Beldham wasn’t playing. This was a family holiday when I got dropped off while the others went to the beach. A few years later I went on my first cricket holiday watching the first three days of Hampshire v. Lancs at the old Southampton ground.

No I won’t be going back to Southampton for the World Cup. Hopefully Nottingham on 6th June. I have wanted to watch Aus v. WI for as long as I remember. Not that it’s likely to be the spectacle it once would have been.

First proper one dayer of the summer and a day gam[…]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

Somerset v Glamorgan ODC 20 May

Match 2 and a trip to Taunton. Should be a good on[…]

Royal London One Day Cup

Was hoping for a change of fortunes as a new compe[…]