A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Even though I was commending the application of the batsmen earlier today the lack of any aggression has been bizarre. Are we back to asking who is advising the batsmen?
By Iron Mike
Day 1 close
Durham
Glamorgan 221/7

My thanks to Dai of Ponty and G of Y

Glamorgan by and large played sensible with 81.3 overs of dot balls. However a massive playing area for this game, the boundary rope is well out on all corners.

Nick Selman's proud parents were here to witness their son's century. Donald went cheaply as did Lloyd on a baking hot day reaching 28 degrees.
Debutant wicket keeper Cullen was caught behind for 7.
Pick of the Durham bowlers was Rushworth who took 5 wickets for 40. Hl
De Lange 4 no Wagg 6 no

Target 250 in 110 then our turn in the field...toiling in the sun as Durham did today is what former Durham seamer Yozzer Hughes would call hard yakka.

Jack Russell spotted at the ground too...bit odd!

http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cric ... ct=1068614
By hujon64
Long, hard day for Selman and bowlers. Delighted that Selman should score 100+ while parents there and feel the young man is very capable but, as I've remarked before, very nervous opener. Is there anyone, perhaps Alan Jones, who could talk to him and offer support and advice?
By duckworthlewis
glamman wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:41 pm
I think Russell had an exhibition of his paintings
Yeh, he was on commentary for a while and he was saying he did a painting of all the grounds he played at (about 70) It was an interesting piece from what i heard of it (just got back from Minehead after 4 hours in a baking car after a stag weekend!)
By Nick_Glam
Selman's recording is pretty amusing now. You can almost guarantee that if he gets into double figures, he will score a century. :)

Lloyd needs to contribute something in the remainder of the match. This is getting embarrassing.
By Iron Mike
Lunch update from Dai of Ponty...

Overcast early on in Chester le Street 2nd bonus point secured by Wagg and de Lange.
The Glam innings came to an end when Carey and Hogan went in quick succession. Wagg was 33 no and Glam were 295 all out.

De Lange and Carey opened the bowling for Glamorgan. Durham at lunch are 15/1.

Should be an interesting afternoon session.
By Iron Mike
Day 2 close
Durham 281/4
Glamorgan 295

My thanks to Dai of Ponty and G of Y Fenni...

Burnham was the second Durham wicket to fall scoring 25 being caught in the slips by Ingram off the bowling of Carey with the score on 63.
As tea neared Clark and Collingwood reached their 50 run partnership. alter brought on to try to break the partnership. Both batsmen comfortable at tea 150/3
Collingwood no21
Clarke no45

A difficult evening session for Glamorgan with Clarke and Collingwood sharing a 180 run partnership. Clark went near the finish being caught behind for 109 off the bowling of de Lange. Collingwood looking assured and in no difficulty.
Close of play 280/4
Collingwood no72
Pringle no 3

Heard a bit of the commentary...Dai Lange and Waggy getting plaudits as a bit of a handful. Good cameo performances to post a competitive total. Our seam attack is up there with the rest and no doubt feel the heat more on days like today. The ball is keeping low too. Breakthrough and set the game up tomorrow.

Elsewhere Timm made 34 and 0/30 against Zimbabwe for Holland who lost heavily in Amstelveen. Better luck on Thursday...be great to hear about all our bowlers forcing a win either side of the north Sea.
By Vetchetarian
Durham's 281/4 against Glam's toss winning, laboured 295, clearly shows up the away teams batting travails. Too many passengers being carried. We need to replace them with fare payers. A cull is in order.
otis liked this
By glamman
Vetchetarian wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:50 pm
Durham's 281/4 against Glam's toss winning, laboured 295, clearly shows up the away teams batting travails. Too many passengers being carried. We need to replace them with fare payers. A cull is in order.
Who is providing the guidance to the young players? Salter batting in the key position of 3?

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

Jayawardene

signs for Lancashire (T20 blast) available for the[…]

Day night pink ball cc cricket...the first floodli[…]