A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Good effort from all the youngsters today against a 1st Division attack.
By glamman
Carey putting in a good effort yesterday but a slight concern that an MCCU number 10 can score an unbeaten half century in what should be favourable seam bowling conditions.
By glamman
Murphy was always a very competent bowling all rounder but as far as I am aware never opened the batting for a representative team as a junior. Big ask to suddenly start opening. They went down this route with Owen Morgan.
By glamman
A couple of weeks ago my prediction for Friday's XI was:
Selman, Brown, Marsh, Carlson, Lloyd, Cooke, Salter, Smith/Wagg, TvdG/de Lange, Carey, Hogan

Not sure much has changed. Smith has an injury and no sign of Wagg. My guess is that they'll want an extra batsman so 3 seamers + Lloyd + Salter on the bowling front. Pick between deLange and TvdG with Hogan and Carey. Therefore:
Selman
Brown (if available)
Marsh
Carlson (if available)
Donald
Lloyd
Cooke
Salter
TvdG/de Lange
Carey
Hogan
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:06 pm
A couple of weeks ago my prediction for Friday's XI was:
Selman, Brown, Marsh, Carlson, Lloyd, Cooke, Salter, Smith/Wagg, TvdG/de Lange, Carey, Hogan

Not sure much has changed. Smith has an injury and no sign of Wagg. My guess is that they'll want an extra batsman so 3 seamers + Lloyd + Salter on the bowling front. Pick between deLange and TvdG with Hogan and Carey. Therefore:
Selman
Brown (if available)
Marsh
Carlson (if available)
Donald
Lloyd
Cooke
Salter
TvdG/de Lange
Carey
Hogan
That batting line up resembles a piece of peanut brittle.
Early season matches have produced some surprisingly low scores.
Hope Glam don't follow the trend.
By glamman
They are young and patience will be required but hopefully they will mature into an effective line up. Croft has said as much in his interviews.
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:06 pm
They are young and patience will be required but hopefully they will mature into an effective line up. Croft has said as much in his interviews.
All Glam followers wish them well, of course we do, but I cannot see anything other than a bottom 3 finish in the Championship. The other competitions rely on a lot of luck, so making predictions is very difficult. That's where the money is though.
By glamman
Vetchetarian wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:09 pm
glamman wrote:
All Glam followers wish them well, of course we do, but I cannot see anything other than a bottom 3 finish in the Championship. The other competitions rely on a lot of luck, so making predictions is very difficult. That's where the money is though.
Selman has the ability to get big scores and needs more consistency. Carlson has potential and hopefully Marsh will have greater productivity than our recent overseas batsmen. Runs from Cooke and the production from the lower order may keep us mid table.
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:26 pm
Vetchetarian wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:09 pm
glamman wrote:
Selman has the ability to get big scores and needs more consistency. Carlson has potential and hopefully Marsh will have greater productivity than our recent overseas batsmen. Runs from Cooke and the production from the lower order may keep us mid table.
" has the ability " ; "more consistency " ; " potential " ; " hope " ; " greater productivity ".

I seem to remember one of my end of term school reports encompassing those meaningless platitudes. :)

Not long to wait now, though.
By glamman
Hopefully they will be managed better than the likes of Wright and O'Shea.
By Welwyn
glamman wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:17 am
Hopefully they will be managed better than the likes of Wright and O'Shea.
Hopefully that's the point of Maynard coming back.
By glamman
2nd XI friendly today.
Glamorgan line up:
Selman, Murphy, Brown, Morgan, Wagg*, Meschede, Lawlor, Smith, Cullen, Bevan, Bull, McIlroy

I hope Lawlor is batting higher than 7.

Assume 1 out of Murphy and Brown will be in Bristol on Friday with Selman. Murphy looks like another who they are trying to make into an opener - the others over recent years have all come to grief. I thought Brown has grown up opening.

Don't know much about McIlroy - born in Hereford, educated in Wales and has played for Herefordshire and one game for Wales 2nds last season. 23 year old left arm seamer.
T 20 changes.

Basically the T20 is a good format with plenty of […]

Timescales

Anyone else a bit concerned about the timescales i[…]

The second edition of T10 league is set to kickoff[…]