A forum for Kent CCC fans
By johnsantaclaws
I have heard from a normally unreliable source that the ECB will shortly be announcing a new policy on the use of county HQ grounds and out-grounds.

It seems that a few, selected HQ grounds must be kept available for Test matches that have been arranged by the ECB. Otherwise, from mid-May to the end of August, all county HQ grounds should be used only for pop concerts and T20 matches; although some 50-over games may be permitted if enough pop groups cannot be booked.

4-day games will be scheduled mainly to take place at county HQ grounds between mid-February and mid-May; and during September, October and November. However, the ECB also plans an exciting new scheme to test the market for county championship matches to fill the gap between Boxing Day and New Year's Eve. The ECB will be marketing a range of scarves, mittens, vacuum flasks and hot water bottles in conjunction with this.

Where counties insist on playing some 4-day games in late May, June, July and August, these must be arranged to take place at outlying cricket clubs; on school grounds; in public parks that have been fenced off for the purpose; or on beaches when the tide is out.
By PaulTavs
johnsantaclaws wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:14 pm

4-day games will be scheduled mainly to take place at county HQ grounds between mid-February and mid-May;
Almost already true. Leicestershire played an intra-squad match this year at Grace Road on March 16!

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

New DOC

I see from an interview with Matthew Maynard on Tw[…]